To enhance the security and improve the user experience by simplifying the logins for non-NUS users, the LumiNUS local guest (gstxxx) accounts will be removed on 9th July 2019. It will be replaced by social media login (identity providers such as Facebook, Google accounts) or to sign up using personal email addresses.
Below is the impact:
- Active (not expired) gstxxx accounts with non-NUS email will be migrated.
The existing password is no longer valid. Please login via the social media login which is tied to the personal email, or create a new password sign-up.
- Gstxxx accounts with NUS email will not be migrated.
Please ask the owner/co-owner of the module to add your NUS account to the module instead.
- Multiple gstxxx accounts with the same non-NUS email addresses will not be migrated.
Emails are sent to the affected accounts.
Note that there is no change to NUS users logging in using the NUS credentials. This only impact LumiNUS guest (gst) accounts.
If you are currently holding a LumiNUS local guest (gst) account which has already been migrated, please do the following steps.
- Go to LumiNUS. Click on NON-NUS USER LOGIN button. Sign in using the registered email address indicated in your email (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There are 2 options to sign in.
- Option (A):
Login in via your social account which is tagged to the registered email address in LumiNUS (example: email@example.com).
- Option (B):
If you prefer not to login using the social account, you can create an account with a new password. (The is done one time only.) Click on the Sign up now link.
Enter the email address registered in LumiNUS. (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Enter the rest of the fields and click on Create button.
Subsequently, for future logins, you can sign in by entering the Email Address and Password and click on Sign In button.