Please try the following steps:
- Is your webcam internal or external? If it's external, is it properly plugged in? You may need to try to unplug and re plug it. Try plugging the webcam into a different USB port.
- Does your webcam work in other circumstances (on Skype, face-time, etc.)? This means that the webcam hardware is working correctly and the problem is most likely related to the Operating System not providing access to the webcam for the Proctortrack.
- Are there any other applications currently using the webcam? If so, please close these applications. Only one application at a time can use your webcam. If another application (Skype, facetime, etc.) is using it, Proctortrack will be unable to use it.
- Does your webcam need a software update?
- Test for whether the Webcam is working by visiting https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ on either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Make sure your webcam software is up to date.
- If Proctortrack gives you the message "No Device Found" or "No Webcam Found", close Proctortrack and then re-run it by right-clicking on it's icon and selecting "Run as Administrator".
If the webcam is not detected by the Proctortrack app or it freezes during the facial scan, the problem is most likely related to webcam drivers. Follow the detailed steps to update your drivers: https://verificient.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000279242-my-webcam-is-not-working-windows-