The Meeting Option: Only Authenticated users can join, will require participants to sign in first before they can join your Zoom session.
It helps protect your meeting from intruders, as recommended by the NUS IT Advisories.
It is also useful if you need to Pre-Assign for Breakout Room, as it will require participants to sign in with their NUS Friendly email address.
Options available for "Only Authenticated users can join"
- "Sign in with NUS Zoom account at https://nus-sg.zoom.us"
NUS Staff and students to sign in via SSO to their Zoom Accounts with NUS email address before they can join the session.
- "Sign in with any Zoom account"
Participants will have to sign in with any Zoom Account before they can join the session. Users without Zoom accounts can sign up for a free Zoom account.
What if I need to change the option?
If let's say you are now expecting an external guest and need to change the option.
- Go to https://nus-sg.zoom.us/meeting?type=upcoming
- Click on the Meeting Topic.
- Click on "Edit this Meeting" button.
- Uncheck the box "Only Authenticated users can join" if you have external guests joining and you do not require them to sign in.
- Check the box "Only Authenticated users can join" if you want to restrict it. There is the option of:
- NUS Zoom Accounts
- Any Zoom Accounts
- Click Save.
- Verify the Meeting options again.
- If the meeting was scheduled in LumiNUS, go to to LumiNUS Conferencing page and Sync Meeting from Zoom.
Note: The change will be effective as long as nobody has joined the session yet.