As Skype for Business (SFB) moves into obsolescence, NUS IT will be replacing it with Zoom Phone and Zoom Chat for all staff.
For ease of searching contacts when calling or chatting, the Zoom Profile display name is taken from the University's CHRS or myEduRec system.
To change Display Name for each meeting:
A. During a Zoom Meeting
- Only possible if Host allows participants to rename themselves.
- Click on Participants button.
- In the Participant Panel on the right, look for your name (it's at the top).
- Click on "More" button beside your name and select Rename.
Type in your preferred display name for the meeting.
B. Before Joining the Zoom Meeting
- You will need the Meeting ID and passcode.
- Launch your Zoom Client/App
- Click on SSO, company domain: nus-sg
- Sign In with NUS ID and password.
- Click Join button or Join a Meeting
- In the Join Meeting window, type in Meeting ID and your Display Name.
- Click Join.
C. Host or co-host(s) can Rename participants during the meeting
- As the meeting host or co-host click Participants in the host controls to open the Participants panel.
- Click (More) next to a participant's name.
- Click Rename: Change the participant name that is displayed to other participants. This change only applies to the current meeting.
D. Host or co-host(s) can Rename participants in Waiting Room
- As the meeting host or co-host, click Participants .
- After verifying the participant via Text Chat.
- In the Waiting Room section, click (More) next to a participant's name.
- In the drop-down menu, click Rename.
- Enter a new name, then click Change.
The participant will receive a notification that the host renamed them, as well as what they have been renamed to. Participants can click OK or Leave Meeting. Clicking OK does not admit them.
B. On the Profile Page Go to https://nus-sg.zoom.us/profile In the Name section, click on Edit. Type in your preferred display name. Click Save. C. Your device might have remembered your name. Launch your Zoom Client/App Click on SSO, company domain: nus-sg Click Join button or Join a Meeting In the Join Meeting window, type in Your Display Name. And check the box "Remember my name for future meetings".