Here are some tips to Select Tutorials. You may refer to RESOURCES ON MODREG FOR STUDENTS at ModReg here for videos on these steps.
GER1000H is offered at hall venues in Semester 1.
GEQ1000H is offered at hall venues in Semester 2.
Students are to ballot for tutorial classes located at their own Hall of residence
- There are a wide variety of timeslots to choose from (you may search for the modules here)
- Allowed to rank up to 20 slots (1 being highest priority)
- Tutorial registration will be done in Select Tutorials Round 1 & Round 2. Please refer to ModReg Schedule.
Select Tutorials Rounds 1 & 2
- In Round 1, students will be restricted to ballot for tutorials held at their own Hall of residence. This is to ensure that priority is given to students residing in that Hall.
- In Round 2, you may ballot for any available tutorials, including those held at other Halls. You are encouraged to select tutorials at your own Hall of residence. Select other halls only if there is a conflict in schedule that cannot be resolved. In such circumstances, you should consider halls that are closest to your hall of residence.
- In both rounds, a quota is set for students from different Faculties and Nationalities, to ensure a diversity of students in each tutorial class.
Students will be divided into two groups by faculty:
Science & Technology (S&T)
Humanities & Social Sciences (H&SS)
Faculty of Engineering (including Computer Eng.)
Faculty of Arts & Social Science (including Env. Geo.)
Faculty of Science (including Pharmacy & Env. Bio.)
School of Business
School of Computing
School of Design & Environment
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
- During Add/Swap round, the remaining quota for the tutorials will be merged
- Add/Swap is on first-come-first-served basis.
If ModReg does not swap your tutorial by the end of the Add/Swap round, it means your request was unsuccessful.
By the end of the Add/Swap round, you should have secured a tutorial slot.
If for any reason you have not, you may submit an appeal via Appeals/Inquiries in ModReg. This MUST be done one day after the Add/Swap round. This is to ensure you secure a tutorial slot before tutorials commence from Week 3.
Students who do not have a tutorial slot by the end of the Add/Swap round will be pre-allocated a slot from what is available, and on a random basis.