Depending on your requirements, you may need students to verify their marks. If you allow the Gradebook tool to be visible for your students, when they click on the Gradebook tool, their Gradebook page will show published graded items with the VERIFY button. They can click on this button to verify their mark.
This is an example of a student’s view of the Gradebook page.
If you need to send a reminder to students to verify their marks, the steps are as follows:
- Go to your module.
- Click Gradebook.
- Click on the published graded item header box. You will see that the header box will have a blue border to indicate it has been selected. Make sure you only select one graded item.
- Click the Send Verification Reminder option from the right hand side. If you cannot see the Send Verification Reminder option, make sure that you only select one graded item.
- A form will appear.
- Choose if you want to send the reminder to students who have not verified or to all students.
- If required, place a tick on Exclude students from the quest roster.
- If required, fill in the userid of users you want to cc in the CC List.
- If required, change the prefilled Subject field.
- Fill in your Message.
- Click DONE.
The form above can let you know if there are students who have not verified their marks and who they are; since in the Send to section’s option of Students who haven’t verified yet (step 5.1), there is a link that indicates how many students have not verified their marks. On clicking that link, you can find out who they are.
Another way to find out if students have verified their marks is to check the graded item’s Analytics. In the Marked Students section, a check mark will appear in the Verified? column to indicate students who have verified their marks. Here you can also find a link to Send verification reminder.