Before you start adding/edit/delete any media, you will have to create a Mediaweb channel.
When you enter a MediaWeb channel, you will see that the MediaWeb interface is loaded into the page.
Click to expand sections.
Record directly using MediaWeb (Panopto)
- Create a MediaWeb channel in LumiNUS, if you have not done so. Once done, click to enter the MediaWeb channel.
- Click Create, then select Record a new session.
- If this is your first MediaWeb (Panopto) recording, click Download Installer for the respective Operating System to install Panopto.
Once installed, click Launch Panopto.
The Panopto recording software will launch.
Step Windows Mac 1 2
The Folder information is pre-configured. This enables the recording to appear in the MediaWeb channel you created.
Change the Name of the session to the title of your video.
Ensure that the audio is set to the correct microphone source. If it is correct, you will see the audio levels (green to red) fluctuate while you are speaking.
If you intend to show a webcam footage of yourself, you may turn on your webcam from the Video drop-down menu.
You may open the presentation that you which to record.
Once ready, click Record.
Click Pause to take a break. (F9 for Windows, ⌘+Option+P for Mac.)
To stop recording, click Stop (F10 for Windows, ⌘+Option+R for Mac.)
Click Upload to upload the content.
If you want to re-record, you may press Delete and record again.
Processing time varies depending on the length of recording and the amount of movement on screen.
You can exit the MediaWeb folder. Processing will continue in the background.
Once it is ready you will be able to view your recording in that folder.
Upload existing media
- To add an existing media, click the Create button and choose "Upload Media.
- Drag the video into the box provided or click to locate the video your your computer.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once it is ready you will be able to view your video from the folder.
If your video has the message of "not available forviewer" as shown, please do the following:
- Mouse over your video and select settings
- under settings, scroll down to availability and change the settings on "session become available" to "now" or "startingXX/XX/XX" by choosing your preferred availability date.
- Your video will only be available for students/viewers when the message is gone
Edit the footage
Edit the footage
- To edit the footage, you may click on edit
- Click on to view your recording. To trim your recording, click on
Trim the start and end
- To trim the start and stop of your video, drag the grey edit handle from left to right to delete the start of the recording. Similarly, drag the edit handle from right to left to trim the end of the recording. The portion highlighted in gray will be removed.
- If you no longer wish to trim the recording, drag the blue edit handles back to their original position.
Remove a section from the middle
- To trim a portion from the middle, Click and drag to select the portion of the recording that you want to remove. The portion highlighted in gray will be removed.
If you no longer wish to trim the footage, drag the blue edit handles next to each other
Undo all edit
- To undo all the edit, you may click on
Save and preview your edit
- To preview the edit you made, you may click on and click
- Once you have confirmed, click on
To delete a media, mouse over your media and click on "Delete".