What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace in Office 365. It is a digital hub for teamwork that brings conversations, content and apps together in one place.
Built on capabilities of SharePoint and Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams makes collaboration easy. Share ideas anywhere on your desktop or mobile devices and have instant access to everything your team needs.
Microsoft Teams is available to all NUS students and staff with access to Office 365.
Why use Microsoft Teams?
Chat, calls & meetings
Work together without sharing your personal contacts
- Reduce volume of emails using threaded conversations and private chats
- Inject some fun with emojis, stickers and GIFs
- Get in touch with audio and video calls for team meetings
- Available across mobile, desktop and browser
Integrated Office 365 apps
Organise your files, notes and tasks in single modern workspace
- Co-author and live editing with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other files right in the app
- Integrated with Skype, SharePoint, OneNote, Power BI and Planner
- Search across people, files and chats
- Forward email messages to Teams channel for further discussion
Customisable and extensible
Flexibility to fit your team's needs
- Pin important files as tabs for quick access
- Use connectors to push content and updates from 3rd party cloud services into your team channel
- Explore data and take quick actions with bots like T-bot
Check it out on http://teamsdemo.office.com. Now bring in your team and let the collaboration begin!