1) According to the pre-allocation guidelines, my Major/Programme is scheduled to read GER1000 in Year 1 Sem 1 or Sem 2. Am I able to choose which Semester to read the module?
No. Pre-allocation is done randomly with the understanding from your Faculty that it is least disruptive as your Major/Programme does not have any strict study schedule.
2) I am pre-allocated to read GER1000 Quantitative Reasoning in Semester 1 Year 1 but I would prefer to read it in Semester 2. What should I do?
Please refer to your cohort and programme schedule here.
If your programme is scheduled to read GER1000 at random (Year 1 Sem 1 or 2), refer to Question 1.
3) I have recently dropped out from UTCP. Do I need to read GEQ1000?
You should receive an email from the GE committee stating whether you have fulfilled the GE requirements. If the email states that you require to read GEQ1000, please send in an appeal to the respective mailbox and attach the email from the GE committee.
4) On CORS, GER1000 class is scheduled on a weekend. Do I need to attend a class on the weekend?
No. There are no physical lecture classes for GER1000. The weekend class is a "dummy" slot and you may ignore it.
5) I am pre-allocated GER1000 but my friend is pre-allocated GER1000P. Why are there different codes?
GER1000E/K/P/R/S/T/W are meant for Hall residents. You may read further here.
1) How do I choose the tutorial slot that I want?
You have to ballot for a tutorial class. Please refer here.
2) What does "odd" and "even" weeks mean?
Please refer to the NUS Academic calendar here.
For GER1000 (6 tutorial sessions)
- "Odd" weeks - Week 3, 5, 7, 9, 11. Poster presentation on Week 13.
- "Even" weeks - Week 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Poster presentation on Week 12.
For GEQ1000 (5 tutorial sessions)
- Odd" weeks - Week 3, 5, 7, 9, 11.
- "Even" weeks - Week 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.
3) I was successfully allocated a tutorial class after the balloting round but wish to change it. How do I go about doing so?
4) I requested for a swap during the Add/Drop/Swap Period. How do I know if it is successful?
5) The Add/Drop/Swap Period is over. I was successfully allocated GER1000 tutorial class, 2-4pm at FASS but I have another class 4-6pm at FoS. Can I change my GER1000 tutorial class as the travelling time for my next class is too long?
No. As per NUS policy, classes should end 30 minutes in advance to allow travelling time for the next class.
For Hall Residents
1) I am a student from Eusoff Hall but i am not able to attend any of the tutorial slots located at Eusoff Hall due to timetable clash. What should I do?
2) I am not a Hall resident but I want to attend tutorials located at Halls.
This is not allowed.
3) I am a Hall resident and should be reading GER1000 in Sem 1. However, my Major/Programme states I will read GER1000 in Sem 2 instead. Which one is correct?
4) I have recently been accepted into Sheares Hall but am not pre-allocated GER1000S.
Please send in an appeal via CORS stating your situation. You will be pre-allocated GER1000S if you send in an appeal before Tutorial Iteration Round 1.
5) I am a Raffles Hall resident and am pre-allocated GER1000R. However, I have just applied to move out of the Hall. Can I drop GER1000R so I need not read the module at Raffles Hall?
Please send in an appeal via CORS stating your situation. You will be pre-allocated GER1000 and attend tutorials outside of your Hall if you send in an appeal before Tutorial Iteration Round 1. If your appeal is sent after Iteration Round 1, you will have to continue reading GER1000R and attend the tutorials at the Hall.