Steve Howard, CEO of The Climate Group says: "The ICT sector is rapidly growing and energy dependent. If the sector gets it right, it can achieve sustainable growth and deliver smart solutions that will help enable the low carbon economy."
Luis Neves, Chair of the GeSI initiative, says: "IT and communications companies are looking for the best way to take responsibility for the future. This study will provide the definitive scientific evidence we need to choose the right course and play a positive role in climate change solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for the IT industry to examine how the application of IT can, not only deliver energy savings and carbon reduction, but do so in a way that drives even greater economic growth and productivity."
- ICT gets its green house in order
- ITU highlights role of ICT in reducing green house emissions
- ITU and Climate Change (ITU)
- Going Green - ICT
- Green ICT: Banking on a software solution to climate change
- Computing sustainability
- Remote sensing technology
- Monitoring, assessment of air pollution
- Forest fire management
- Smart Management Systems in buildings
- Case Study: ICT in Beijing Olympics (to achieve a Green Olympics)