The instructions below are only valid after December 2016 when NUSNET login to Turnitin is disabled.
If you have been using IVLE to log in to Turnitin, you have a separate Turnitin account, not connected to your NUSNET ID and password.
This Turnitin account has a dormant password.
You will have to reset your Turnitin password at the Turnitin website.
- Go to turnitin.com
- Click Login.
- Click Reset Password.
- You need to provide your NUS email address and your last name.
- Unfortunately, as your last name is system-assigned, your actual last name likely does not tally with the last name in Turnitin's records.
- In most cases, Turnitin takes your name as in your matriculation card in order of first word in your name as first name, then all following names as the last name.
IVLE Display Name First name in Turnitin Last name in Turnitin TAN AH KOW TAN AH KOW JOHN LIM AH SENG JOHN LIM AH SENG LEE AH MUI ANNE LEE AH MUI ANNE MOHD ALI BIN MOHD RAFI MOHD ALI BIN MOHD RAFI SITI BINTE ABU BAKAR SITI BINTE ABU BAKAR GOPAL S/O MUTHUSAMY GOPAL S/O MUTHUSAMY POOJA D/O N SIVAKUMAR POOJA D/O N SIVAKUMAR JAMES ALAN P SMITH JAMES ALAN P SMITH JACKSON JILL MARGARET JACKSON JILL MARGARET
- You may have to try several variations to retrieve your Turnitin password.
- If you have tried all possible variations of your name and you have a friendly-mail email, try the friendly-mail instead.
- Once you have reset your password, login at turnitin.com.
The NUS Turnitin Administrator does not know what is your last name is in Turnitin.
- Turnitin only displays the entire name where there are submissions.
- Furthermore, there is no search function for instructor users in Turnitin, and there is no access to student users' details.