There are three submission methods for Turnitin in NUS.
You are encouraged to use the LumiNUS integration for submission, unless you have special circumstances.
- No account creation needed, use NUSNET ID.
- Easy to set up.
- LumiNUS Module Owners and Managers can view student submissions.
- GradeMark and PeerMark available.
- No revision assignment or reflection assignment.
- No Quick Submit.
- LumiNUS Read Managers cannot view student submissions.
- Revision assignment and reflection assignments available.
- Bulk upload available (if you are submitting on behalf of your students).
- No NUSNET login.
- Instructors and students must learn Turnitin interface.
- TA set up (if you want to give TAs access) is cumbersome and limited:
- TAs can only view papers in their class section.
- Each class section can have only one TA.
- Set up for TA access must be done before any assignments are submitted.
|Quick Submit (within Turnitin)|
- Simple to use.
- Easy for ad hoc submissions to check selected papers.
- No opt-out of paper submission to Turnitin's student database.
- Not meant for large number of papers.
- Not designed for advanced assignment types.
- Not meant for staff to check their own work. Please use iThenticate instead.