What’s Blended Learning, iMOOCs/iBLOCs/MOOCs?
- Blended learning - a combination of face-to-face with online experiences to produce effective, efficient and flexible learning. (Stein & Graham, 2014)
- iMOOCs – Internal Massive Open Online Courses (NUS)
- iBLOCs - Internal Blended Learning Online Course (Your Module)
- MOOCs - Massive Open Online Courses (Global Audience)
|What’s the potential of Blended Learning?|
A well-designed blended learning module aims to promote deeper level of engagement and deeper learning among learners. Blended learning assists in;
What is Flipped Classroom?
Image source: Knewton Infographics
“Flipping the classroom” means that students:
- gain first exposure to new material outside of class, usually via reading or lecture videos, and then,
- use class time to do the harder work of assimilating that knowledge, perhaps through problem-solving, discussion, or debates.
Key elements - flipped classroom
- Provide an opportunity for students to gain first exposure prior to class.
- Provide in-class activities that focus on higher level cognitive activities.
- Provide a mechanism to assess student understanding.
- Provide an incentive for students to prepare for class.
What platforms are supported?
|Domain||Public||NUS only||NUS only|
|Web conference||Google Hangout||Google Hangout||WebEx|
How do I go about the video recording?
You may refer to Video Techniques section to explore varies options.
CIT encourages you to create approximately 2mins Promo video highlights the benefits of taking this course/module. You may click the below URL to see sample Promo video by NUS colleagues.
Take note you may need to sign-in with your NUSNET id if accessing from outside NUS.
Examples of past iBLOCs and MOOCs in NUS
# Take note of the effort in producing the content.