- Papers submitted using Quick Submit are automatically added to Turnitin's student database.
- There is no opt-out option.
- Deleting the file from your assignment inbox DOES NOT remove the file from Turnitin's student database.
- DO NOT submit papers that have already been submitted, or that students may submit later. This leads to skewed Similarity Index results.
- DO NOT use Quick Submit for checking your own papers. Instead, staff should use iThenticate to check their own work.
- DO NOT submit on behalf of others. Depending on the case, this might be in breach of NUS Acceptable Use Policy for IT Resources.
- Instructors must log in directly to Turnitin to use Quick Submit.
- Quick Submit is for ad hoc submission of papers.
- This is useful for instructors who do not require students to submit assignments to Turnitin, but want to generate ad hoc similarity reports for specific papers.
- Instructors who want to use Quick Submit must activate the feature in their Turnitin account. It is not enabled by default.
- Quick Submit is available to instructors (NUS staff) only.
- Quick Submit (and Turnitin) does not compare two papers directly to each other. Please refer to this FAQ.
Quick Submit Activation
Quick Submit activation need only be done once.
On the top horizontal menu bar, click your name.
On the User Information/Account Settings page:
- Select Yes for Activate quick submit.
- Select a Secret question for your account security. Make sure it is something consistent that you can remember.
- Type the Question answer for your Secret question.
- Click Submit.
You should see the message "Your user information has been saved". You will also see a new tab - Quick Submit.
Using Quick Submit
Log in to Turnitin if you have not done so.
Click the Quick Submit tab.
If you do not see the Quick Submit tab, please activate Quick Submit in your account first.
Check the desired database search options. Click Submit.
On the File Upload page:
- Type the First name of the student whose paper you are checking.
- Type the Last name of the student whose paper you are checking.
- Type the Submission title.
- Click Choose from this computer.
- Select the file to be uploaded, click Open. You will see the file name listed when successfully uploaded.
- Click Upload.
The file preview will be generated. Click Confirm, if this is the correct paper.
You will see a submission is complete message. You can Go to the assignment inbox or Submit another file.
Once the similarity report is generated, you can see it on the Quick Submit tab.
Click the percentage to see the paper's Similarity Report.