1. Go to http://wiki.nus.edu.sg/ or directly to any wiki space (if you know the URL).
2. Click Log In, on the top right hand corner, next to the search box.
3. Log in with your NUSNET ID and password. Omit the domain.
4. You are now logged in. Instead of the Log In link, you will see your name.
Add a page
- When you add a page, the new page will be created one level below the current page.
- Page titles must be unique within the wiki.
1. Go to the page where you want to add a new subordinate page (known here as a Child page). Click Add > Page.
2. Click in the title field, indicated by the grey New Page title. Type the page name/title.
3. Put in content in the text field. Click Save (bottom right corner of text field) when ready.
4. Done! View your handiwork.
- Refer to Organise Pages to learn more about the page structure of the wiki and rearranging pages.
- You can always rectify page placement later, so do not be unduly worried about adding a page incorrectly.
It is good practice to:
- Use the What did you change? field below the text editor to document the changes you have made.
- Uncheck Notify watchers if your edit is minor or does not warrant an automatic email notification to those who are tracking changes on the page or wiki.
Edit a page
To edit a page, click the Edit button on the top right of the page.
If you do not see an edit button, you are either not logged in to Wiki.nus or you do not have permission to edit that page.
Edit the page. Click Save (bottom right of the text box) when you are done.
If your change is a minor one, remember to uncheck the Notify watchers checkbox below the text editor. This will prevent an email notification from being sent (refer to Tracking changes).
If you see a warning that someone else is editing the page, such as the one below, do not continue editing. You should click Cancel and come back to edit the page another time. If you proceed, one of your edits may be overwritten without being saved.