Prepare your test-taking device.
Make sure your device meets the minimum system requirements for ExamID/ExamMonitor.
- Examplify version 2.3.2 or greater
- Hard Drive: 2GB or higher available space
- RAM: 8GB or higher recommended; 4GB required
- Webcam (no virtual cameras or phones as cameras)
- Microphone (no headphones, no virtual mics)
- Internet: 2Mpbs upload speed
Take a practice exam.
- Disconnect any external headphones/microphones/earbuds/headsets.
- Go through our ExamID/ExamMonitor briefing slides (CIT Student Briefing Slides) and take a practice exam.
- How do I start and take a proctored exam?
- Ensure that your device’s camera and microphone are in good working condition.
- Take a photo using Examplify. The first photo will be used as the baseline photo for ID verification.
- Position your device in such a way that your whole face and shoulder are captured by the camera throughout the exam.
- Refer to the troubleshooting guides or write to email@example.com if you run into any technical issues.
On the exam day.
Find a good place to take your exam.
- Be in a well-lit space as the camera needs good light to work well.
- Reserve a quiet place where you will be alone for the entire assessment.
- Ensure no one else is in the room or will be within the camera’s view.
- Before the exam.
- Remove any external headphones/microphones/earbuds/headsets.
- Position your device in such a way that your whole face and shoulder are captured by the camera throughout the exam (refer to 2.b.iii).
- Do start the exam on time.
- During the exam.
- Do not leave the view of the camera, unless discretion has been granted by the invigilating assessment team, e.g. bathroom breaks.
- Do not move in an unusual or excessive way.
- Do not look away from the screen, unless physical resources are permitted.
- Do not photograph, print, or take a screenshot of any part of the exam via any medium.
- Do not use any unauthorized materials or devices.
- Do not use multiple monitors, keyboards or mice.
- Do not wear hats or headphones/earbuds/headsets.
- Do not eat or drink.
- Do not have other people in the room.
- Do not speak or have any background noise.
- Do not communicate with anyone, unless there is a need to contact the invigilating assessment team or technical support.