- Go to your module.
- Click Conferencing.
- Click + Create Meeting.
[If you have not activated your NUS Zoom account, it will prompt you to activate and sign in]
- You will need to complete the form that appear:
- Choose the meeting type whether Custom (manual input) or Based on timetable.
- If you have chosen Custom (manual input) follow the steps below:
- Fill in the name of the meeting.
- Specify who can access the meeting. If you want to grant access to everyone, tick Everyone in this Module.
- Specify the start date and time.
- Specify the duration of the meeting.
Note: If you chose Meeting Type as Based on timetable, you can ignore all the steps listed under (4)(b) because system will automatically define meeting name, Group access, start date, time and duration according to timetable.
- Choose the Meeting Options available:
- Meeting Password: Participants need to enter the password to join the meeting. (Default is set to "Yes" due to security reasons)
- Enable Waiting Room: Yes, the host will manually allow waiting participants to enter the meeting.
- Mute participants on Entry: Yes, participants will be muted upon entry into the meeting to reduce noise.
- Only authenticated users can join: participants need to sign in before they can join the meeting. (Default is set to "Yes" due to security reasons)
If you have selected Yes, the options available for Only Authenticated users can join includes:
- Sign in with NUS Zoom account
This will restrict participants with NUS credentials only. NUS Staff and students will need to sign in to https://nus-sg.zoom.us via SSO (Sign In with SSO) using their NUS credentials before they can join the meeting.
Sign in to Zoom
This will allow non-NUS users to join the meeting. Non-NUS participants will need to login in using their own Zoom account, whereas NUS participants (NUS staff and students) need to login using their NUS credentials.
Expand title if you are expecting external guests Include Page cit:What does "Only Authenticated users can join" means? cit:What does "Only Authenticated users can join" means?
(Note: You need to enable those options if they not yet enabled in Zoom portal. Please go to https://nus-sg.zoom.us/profile/setting, and select "Show in the Selection" for Meeting Authentication Options.)
- Sign in with NUS Zoom account
Automatically Start Recording: Host can choose to record locally on their PC/laptop or on Zoom Cloud. If host choose Record to the cloud, he/she will receive an email notification from Zoom once the recording is ready. Note that you will need to subscribe to it by selecting When a cloud recording is available option under the Email Notification section in the Zoom portal - https://nus-sg.zoom.us/profile/setting.
- Send E-mail: Send e-mail to participants for this meeting.
- If you have chosen Based on timetable, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Next button to go to Timetable tab and choose the timetable slots to schedule the meetings.
- You can search the timetable sessions according to Group name, Start Date and End Date.
Click the drop-down arrow beside All Groups to choose the group. Select either All Groups or specific group
- Click the drop-down arrow for All Groups to choose the group name if you wish to filter the group.
If it is a cross-listed module, you may wish to create a single meeting for the same group with the same timetable slots. Click Merge groups with same time-slot.
- Select Start Date and End Date if you wish to filter the time slots.
The timetable slots will be listed according to your search result. If the sessions are already scheduled/created meeting in Conferencing, the meeting names will be listed in grey and not selectable.
(The scheduled meetings are based on date and time of meeting, regardless of whether you have changed the meeting name.)
Click on the Next button to go to Permission tab. Choose whether you want the meeting to be accessible to selective facilitator(s) or/and students from the guest roster.
Note: The meeting is by default accessible by the indicated group(s) only based on the timetable instead of the entire students. Class timetable is subject to changes. So you are recommended to check the permission of the meeting under Meeting Settings. If your class groups are not included, please update accordingly.
- Click Create. The newly created meeting(s) will be listed on your Conferencing main page.
For Meeting Type Based on timetable, the format for Meeting Name will be <Group Name> (<Module Code>) - <Timetable Date> - <Timetable Start Time>.