The process to create Creating of a meeting is quite straightforward. You can do it through can be done from the Conferencing tool or through Learning Flow.
The steps to create a meeting from the Conferencing tool are as follows:
- Go to your module.
- Click Conferencing.
- Click + CREATE MEETINGCreate Meeting.
[If you have not activated your NUS Zoom account, it will prompt you to activate and sign in.]
- You will need to complete the form that appear:
- Fill in the name of the meeting.
- Specify who can access the meeting. If you want to grant access to everyone, tick Everyone in this Module.
- Specify the start date and time.
- Specify the duration of the meeting.
- Select the Meeting Options available:
- Meeting Password: Participants need to enter the password to join the meeting. (default is set to "Yes" due to security reasons)
- Enable Waiting Room: Yes, the host will manually allow waiting participant to enter the meeting.
- Mute participants on Entry: Yes, participants will be muted upon entry into the meeting to reduce noise.
- Only authenticated users can join: participants need to sign in before they can join the meeting. (default is set to "Yes" due to security reasons)
- Enable Recording: Host can choose to record locally or on cloud. If host choose "Record to the cloud", he/she will receive an email notification from zoom Zoom once the recording is ready if you subscribe . Note that you will need to subscribe to it by selecting When a cloud recording is available option at under the Email Notification section ,in the Zoom portal - https://nus-sg.zoom.us/profile/setting.
- Send E-mail: Send e-mail to participants for this meeting.
- Click Create.
The newly created meeting will be listed on your Conferencing main page. You can click the topic title to launch the meeting. It will sign you in to into your NUS Zoom account and launch the Zoom desktop client.
You do not need to claim host with the host key.