1) I would like to read GER1000/GEQ1000 but I can't find the module in CORS to bid for it. What should I do?
GER1000 & GEQ1000 is pre-allocated to students according to the schedule set out by the respective Faculties. You are unable to bid for the module. Please refer here for more information.
2) Am I able to choose which Semester to read the GER1000/GEQ1000?
No. Please refer to the pre-allocation guidelines for your Major/Programme schedule.
3) I am pre-allocated to read GER1000/GEQ1000 in Year 1 Sem 1 but I would prefer to read it in Semester 2. What should I do?
Please refer to your cohort and programme schedule here.
If your Major/Programme is scheduled to read the module in Year 1 Sem 1a specific Semester, you are not allowed to drop the module to read in Semester 2 insteadanother Semester due to your study schedule. Please contact your Faculty for more information.
If your Major/Programme is scheduled to read the module at random (Year 1 Sem 1 or 2, or otherwise), this means that pre-allocation is done randomly with the understanding from your Faculty that it is least disruptive as your Major/Programme does not have any strict study schedule. Hence, you are not allowed to drop the module.
4) I have recently dropped out from UTCP. Do I need to read GEQ1000?
You should receive an email from the GE committee stating whether you have fulfilled the GE requirements. If the email states that you are required to read GEQ1000, please send in an appeal to the respective mailbox and provide a copy of the email from the GE committee for consideration.
5) I am from the 2015/2016 cohort, can I take GEQ1000 to fulfill the Asking Questions pillar of the GE requirement?
GEQ1000 is only offered to cohort AY2016/2017 onwards. For cohort AY15/16, your fifth GE module can be fulfilled by reading an additional module from the Human Cultures, Singapore Studies or Thinking and Expression pillar.
6) In CORS, I see that GER1000/GEQ1000 lecture is scheduled on a weekend. Do I need to attend class on the weekend?
No. There are no physical lecture classes for GER1000. The weekend lecture class is a "dummy" slot and you may ignore it. You only need to attend tutorials fortnightly, which you will ballot for. You may refer here for balloting details.
7) I am pre-allocated GER1000 but my friend is pre-allocated GER1000P. Why are there different codes?
GER1000E/K/P/R/S/T/W and GEQ1000E/K/P/R/S/T/W are meant for Hall Freshmen from cohort AY17/18 only. For more information, click here.
8) I have failed/received a CU/U grade for GER1000/GEQ1000. Do I need to read the module again?
Yes. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.
9) I received a D grade for GER1000. Do I need to read the module again? What if I use my S/U option?
Students are not allowed to repeat modules they have received grade D or better. However, if you choose to exercise S/U option on your D grade, the corresponding grade will be U (Unsatisfactory). You would then need to read the module again. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.