22.214.171.124 Challenges Facing China's Distance Education Endeavors
1. There is the problem of access. Individual web-based study is still not possible for most people.
2. Internet access is expensive. Most Chinese citizens-particularly those who would most benefit from distance education, cannot afford it.
3. The lack of locally produced software.
4. Online centers are not yet efficiently managed.
5. Many DE teachers lack specific training.
6. A relatively small number of students actually graduate from distance education programs
7. China does suffer at the moment from a lack of infrastructure: inadequate bandwidth; inadequate access to computers; and inadequate software.
126.96.36.199 A Comparison of Chinese and Western Distance Education Initiatives
Potter. G. A Comparison of Chinese and Western Distance Education Initiatives: Educational Goals and Instructional Practices \ [8BChina:PDF document\]. Retrieved from Wiki Markup