1) I would like to read GER1000 but I can't find the module in CORS to bid for it. What should I do?
GER1000 & GEQ1000 will be pre-allocated to students according to the schedule set out by the respective Faculties. Please refer here for more information.
2) According to the pre-allocation guidelines, my Major/Programme is scheduled to read GER1000 in Year 1 Sem 1 or Sem 2. Am I able to choose which Semester to read the module?
No. Pre-allocation is done randomly with the understanding from your Faculty that it is least disruptive as your Major/Programme does not have any strict study schedule.
23) I am pre-allocated to read GER1000 in Semester 1 Year 1 but I would prefer to read it in Semester 2. What should I do?
If your programme is scheduled to read GER1000 at random (Year 1 Sem 1 or 2), refer to Question 1.
34) I have recently dropped out from UTCP. Do I need to read GEQ1000?
You should receive an email from the GE committee stating whether you have fulfilled the GE requirements. If the email states that you require to read GEQ1000, please send in an appeal to the respective mailbox and attach the email from the GE committee.
45) On CORS, GER1000 class is scheduled on a weekend. Do I need to attend a class on the weekend?
No. There are no physical lecture classes for GER1000. The weekend class is a "dummy" slot and you may ignore it.
56) I am pre-allocated GER1000 but my friend is pre-allocated GER1000P. Why are there different codes?
GER1000E/K/P/R/S/T/W are meant for Hall residents. You may read further here.
67) I have failed/received a U grade for GER1000. Do I need to read the module again?
Yes. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.
78) I received a D grade for GER1000. Do I need to read the module again? What if I use my S/U option?