1) I am a Year 2/Senior Hall resident. Can I read GEQ1000H?
No. Year 2/Senior Hall residents will read GEQ1000 and attend tutorials outside their Hall. Only Hall Freshmen will attend tutorials at their Halls and,
- only if they are reading GEQ1000H in Year 1 Sem 2
- For cohort AY17/18 onwards only
2) I am a Hall freshman but am not pre-allocated GEQ1000H in Year 1 Sem 2. What should I do?
Please send in an appeal via CORS stating your situation. You will be pre-allocated GEQ1000H if you send in an appeal before Tutorial Iteration Round 1. Do check here to ensure that check Pre-allocation Guidelines to see if your Major/Programme is not stated under the Exceptions for Hall Freshmen. scheduled to read the module this semester. If you are scheduled, please send let us know via Appeals/ Enquiries in ModReg.
3) I am a Hall freshman and should be reading GEQ1000H in Year 1 Sem 2. However, according to the prePre-allocation guidelinesGuidelines, my Major/Programme states I will read GEQ1000 in Year 2 Sem 1 or Sem 2 instead. Which one is correct?
Your Major/Programme takes precedence. You will be pre-allocated GEQ1000H in Year 2 Sem 1 or Sem 2 & attend tutorials outside of your Hall. You may refer here for more details.
4) I am a Hall freshman and am pre-allocated GEQ1000H. However, I have just applied to move out of the Hall. Can I drop GEQ1000H so I need not read the module at Hall?
Please send in an appeal via CORS stating your situation. You may be pre-allocated GEQ1000 and attend tutorials outside of your Hall if you send in an appeal before Tutorial Iteration Round 1, provided the module has not reached full subscription. If your appeal is sent after and/or the module is fully subscribed, you will have to continue reading GEQ1000H and attend the tutorials at the Hall.a request via Appeals/ Enquiries in ModReg.
5) I am a freshman from Eusoff Hall but I am not able to attend any of the tutorial slots located at Eusoff Hall due to timetable clash. What should I do?
You should wait for Tutorial Iteration Round 1B to ballot for any available slots located at other Halls that best suit your timetable. You may refer here for more details.
6) I am a Sheares Hall Freshmen. In CORS, I am able to ballot for tutorial slots located at the other 6 Halls (Eusoff, Kent Ridge, etc.). Am I allowed to ballot for these slots located at other Halls?
Students are highly encouraged to ballot for tutorial slots located at their own Hall of residence. In Tutorial Balloting Round 1B, students may ballot for slots located at other Halls but should do so only if their timetable does not permit selecting slots located at their Hall of residence due to timetable clash. You may refer here for more details.
7may select tutorials located at other Halls at Round 2 if there are vacancies. You should consider halls that are closest to your hall of residence.
6) I am not a Hall freshman but I want to attend tutorials located at Halls.
This is not allowed.
87) I am from Prince George's Park Residences (PGPR). Can I read GEQ1000H?
No. GEQ1000H is meant to be read by Prince George's Park House (PGPH) freshman only.