1) I would like to read GER1000 /and GEQ1000 but I can't find the module in CORS to bid for itModReg Select Modules. What should I do?
GER1000 & GEQ1000 is GEQ1000 is pre-allocated to students according to the schedule set out by the respective Faculties. You are unable to bid for the select the module. Please refer here Preallocation Guidelines for more information.
2) Am I able to choose which Semester to read the GER1000/GEQ1000?
No. Please refer to the pre-allocation guidelines for your The module is preallocated to you according to the Preallocation Guidelines set out by your faculty/department according to you Major/Programme schedule.
3) I am pre-allocated to read GER1000/GEQ1000 in Year 1 Sem 1 but I would prefer to read it in Semester 2. What should I do?
Please refer to your cohort and programme schedule here.
If your Major/Programme is scheduled to read the module in Year 1 Sem 1, you You are not allowed to drop choose the module semester to read in Semester 2 instead. Please contact your Faculty for more information.
If your Major/Programme is scheduled to read the module at random (Year 1 Sem 1 or 2, or otherwise), this means that pre-allocation is done randomly with the understanding from your Faculty that it is least disruptive as your Major/Programme does not have any strict study schedule. Hence, you are not allowed to drop the module.
4the module. Exceptions must be cleared and approved by your faculty/ department.
3) I have recently dropped out from UTCP. Do I need to read GEQ1000?
You should receive an email from the GE committee stating whether you have fulfilled the GE requirements. If the email states that you are required to read GEQ1000, please send in an appeal to the respective mailbox and provide with a copy of the email from the GE committee for consideration.
54) I am from the 2015/2016 cohort, can I take GEQ1000 to fulfill the Asking Questions pillar of the GE requirement?
GEQ1000 is only offered to cohort AY2016/2017 onwards. For cohort AY15/16, your fifth GE module can be fulfilled by reading an additional module from the Human Cultures, Singapore Studies or Thinking and Expression pillar.
65) In CORS, I see that GER1000/GEQ1000 lecture is scheduled on a weekend. Do there is a lecture for the module, do I need to attend class on the weekendlecture?
No. There are There is no physical lecture classes for GER1000. The weekend lecture class is a "dummy" slot and you may ignore it. You only need to attend tutorials fortnightly , which you will ballot for. You may refer here for balloting details.
7) I am pre-allocated GER1000 but my friend is pre-allocated GER1000P. Why are there different codes?
GER1000E/K/P/R/S/T/W and GEQ1000E/K/P/R/S/T/W are meant for Hall Freshmen from cohort AY17/18 only. For more information, click here.
8) I - on Odd or Even weeks depending on the tutorial that you are assigned to.
6) I have failed/received a CU/U grade for GER1000/GEQ1000. Do I need to read the module again?
Yes. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.
97) I received a D+/D grade for GER1000. Do I need to read the module again? What if I use my S/U option?
Students are not allowed to repeat modules they have received grade D or better. However, if you choose to exercise S/U option on your D+/D grade, the corresponding grade will be U (Unsatisfactory). You would then need to read the module again. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.
1) How do I choose the tutorial slot that I want?
2) What does "odd" and "even" weeks mean?
Please refer to the NUS Academic calendar here.
For GER1000 (6 5 tutorial sessions)
For GEQ1000 (5 tutorial sessions)
3) I was successfully allocated a tutorial class after the balloting round but wish to change it. How do I go about doing so?
Please wait for You may do so during the Select Tutorial and the Add/Drop/Swap Period to swap your classes via CORS. You may refer to the CORS Briefing Slides for FreshmenSwap rounds to change your classes in ModReg, subject to availability. Details on the rounds can be found at Tutorial Balloting.
4) I requested for a swap during the Add/Drop/Swap Periodround. How do I know if it is successful?
You may refer to the CORS Briefing Slides for Freshmen on how to add/swap your tutorial slot. If CORS If ModReg does not swap your tutorial by the end of the Add/Drop/Swap Periodround, it means your swap request was unsuccessful. . Details on the rounds can be found at Tutorial Balloting.
5) The Add/Drop/Swap Period is over. Are the tutorials conducted in class or online?
For Semester 2020/21, all tutorials will be conducted via Zoom. Your Tutor will create and send you the zoom link.
(You may ignore Qus 6) as all classes will be conducted online)
6) I was successfully allocated a GER1000/GEQ1000 tutorial class at 2-4pm at FASS but I have another class 4at 4-6pm at FoS. Can I change my GER1000/GEQ1000 tutorial class as the travelling time for my next class is too long?No. As per NUS policy, classes should end 30 minutes in advance so I can get to class in time?
There is no need to as classes end 30 minutes earlier to allow travelling time for to the next class.
1) I have been assigned GEQ1000/GER1000. As an Alumni, are my requirements similar to that of Undergraduate students?
Yes, your requirements will be the same to that of an Undergraduate student. You will have to attend all tutorial classes and attempt all assignments and assessments for the module, including tests and exams (if any). You may check the module requirements at LumiNUS.
2) Will I get a certificate upon completion of the module?
A transcript will be available for all students.
3) Where do I check my class details (time, venue, dates)?
4) I have more questions regarding the modules that I can read as an alumni, who can I ask?
You may write to SCALE - School of Continuing and Lifelong Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.