- No. Pre-allocation is done randomly with the understanding from your Faculty that it is least disruptive as your Major/Programme does not have any strict study schedule. if you have valid reasons to read the module in a particular Semester, you may send in an appeal via CORS stating the reason for your appeal.
- Please refer to your cohort and programme schedule here.
- If your programme is scheduled to be reading GER1000 in Year 1 Sem 1, you are not allowed to drop the module to read in Semester 2 instead. If you have valid reasons to read the module in Semester 2, you may send in an appeal via CORS stating the reason for your appeal.
- If your programme is scheduled to read GER1000 at random (Year 1 Sem 1 or 2), refer to Question 1.
1) I would like to read GER1000 and GEQ1000 but I can't find the module in ModReg Select Modules. What should I do?
GER1000 & GEQ1000 is pre-allocated to students according to the schedule set out by the respective Faculties. You are unable to select the module. Please refer Preallocation Guidelines for more information.
2) Am I able to choose which Semester to read the GER1000/GEQ1000?
The module is preallocated to you according to the Preallocation Guidelines set out by your faculty/department according to you Major/Programme schedule. You are not allowed to choose the semester to read the module. Exceptions must be cleared and approved by your faculty/ department.
3) I have recently dropped out from UTCP. Do I need to read GEQ1000?
You should receive an email from the GE committee stating whether you have fulfilled the GE requirements. If the email states that you
are required to read GEQ1000, please send in an appeal to the respective mailbox
with a copy of the email from the GE committee
- No. There are
For Hall Residents
I am a student from Eusoff Hall but i am not able to attend any of the tutorial slots located at Eusoff Hall due to timetable clash.
Please send in an appeal via CORS stating you situation. You will attend tutorials located at other Halls.
I am not a Hall resident but I want to attend tutorials located at Halls.
This is not allowed.
4) I am from the 2015/2016 cohort, can I take GEQ1000 to fulfill the Asking Questions pillar of the GE requirement?
GEQ1000 is only offered to cohort AY2016/2017 onwards. For cohort AY15/16, your fifth GE module can be fulfilled by reading an additional module from the Human Cultures, Singapore Studies or Thinking and Expression pillar.
5) I see that there is a lecture for the module, do I need to attend the lecture?
There is no physical lecture. You only need to attend tutorials fortnightly - on Odd or Even weeks depending on the tutorial that you are assigned to.
6) I have failed/received a CU/U grade for GER1000/GEQ1000. Do I need to read the module again?
Yes. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.
7) I received a D+/D grade for GER1000. Do I need to read the module again? What if I use my S/U option?
Students are not allowed to repeat modules they have received grade D or better. However, if you choose to exercise S/U option on your D+/D grade, the corresponding grade will be U (Unsatisfactory). You would then need to read the module again. Please refer to here for details on repeat of modules.
1) How do I choose the tutorial slot that I want?
You have to ballot for a tutorial class. Please refer Tutorial Balloting. (For SCALE and alumni students, a tutorial group will be pre-allocated based on your study schedule.)
2) What does "odd" and "even" weeks mean?
Please refer to the NUS Academic calendar here.
For GER1000 (5 tutorial sessions)
For GEQ1000 (5 tutorial sessions)
3) I was successfully allocated a tutorial class after the balloting round but wish to change it. How do I go about doing so?
You may do so during the Select Tutorial and the Add/Swap rounds to change your classes in ModReg, subject to availability. Details on the rounds can be found at Tutorial Balloting.
4) I requested for a swap during the Add/Swap round. How do I know if it is successful?
If ModReg does not swap your tutorial by the end of the Add/Swap round, it means your request was unsuccessful. Details on the rounds can be found at Tutorial Balloting.
5) Are the tutorials conducted in class or online?
For Semester 2020/21, all tutorials will be conducted via Zoom. Your Tutor will create and send you the zoom link.
(You may ignore Qus 6) as all classes will be conducted online)
6) I was successfully allocated a GER1000/GEQ1000 tutorial at 2-4pm at FASS but I have another class at 4-6pm at FoS. Can I change my GER1000/GEQ1000 tutorial class so I can get to class in time?
There is no need to as classes end 30 minutes earlier to allow travelling time to the next class.
1) I have been assigned GEQ1000/GER1000. As an Alumni, are my requirements similar to that of Undergraduate students?
Yes, your requirements will be the same to that of an Undergraduate student. You will have to attend all tutorial classes and attempt all assignments and assessments for the module, including tests and exams (if any). You may check the module requirements at LumiNUS.
2) Will I get a certificate upon completion of the module?
A transcript will be available for all students.
3) Where do I check my class details (time, venue, dates)?
4) I have more questions regarding the modules that I can read as an alumni, who can I ask?
You may write to SCALE - School of Continuing and Lifelong Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.