- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
What is TeamUp?
TeamUp is a team communication service provided by Mattermost hosted by CIT which allows all team communication to be in one place, easy-to-use, searchable and accessible anywhere. With this you can share messages and files across phones and PCs, with archiving and instant search.
How can I access TeamUp?
TeamUp is available on all platforms and on the web.
All NUS students who would like to use for projects and other communication among themselves please use https://teamupstu.nus.edu.sg
All NUS Staff:
- If you would like to use this service for teaching and learning purposes, please use https://teamupstu.nus.edu.sg
- For any other use cases, please use https://teamup.nus.edu.sg
- For https://teamup.nus.edu.sg, for NUSSTF users, please login using your NUSNET id and password, for other users please use your NUS email address and create a new account
- For https://teamupstu.nus.edu.sg, for NUSSTU users, please login using NUSNET id and password, for other users, please use your NUS email address and create a new account
- Official iOS app by Mattermost (server links to join: https://teamup.nus.edu.sg or https://teamupstu.nus.edu.sg)
- Official Android app by Mattermost (server links to join: https://teamup.nus.edu.sg or https://teamupstu.nus.edu.sg)
- Desktop Clients: https://www.mattermost.org/community-applications
What are the features available?
- Send messages and comments across public, private and 1-1 channels
- Personalize notifications for unreads and mentions by source
- Share files and images internally and externally
Drag, drop and tap to share files
Easy upload – Have all your files for business (PDFs, documents and spreadsheets) and media (images, audio and video) available over phones and PCs
Share with anyone – It’s easy to precisely permission file sharing to colleagues and groups within your organization as well as externally
Tag and Search – Organize files by tags to recall them quickly and search for files by channel, sender, date and other attributes.
- Search public and private channels for historical messages and comments
- View recent mentions of your name, username, nickname, and custom search terms
How do I create a new team?
How is a team organized?
Channels – Create open channels by project, topic, or team to share conversations with anyone in the organization.
Private Messages – Message colleagues directly to discuss topics one-on-one.
Private Groups – Create private groups to discuss sensitive information. No one knows about or can join closed channels without an invitation.
How do I invite users into my team?
After you have logged in, click on the 3 dots Menu and you should see 2 options:
- Get Team Invite Link: Copy the team invite link from here and email it to other users to join.
- Invite New Member: Put in the email and other details of the user and invite.
Please note that you can only invite users with valid NUSnet ID's
How do I invite users into my "Private Group" in a team?
Choose your private group and expand the dropdown to fin d the options to manage members of a group
Please note that you can only invite users who are already part of the team into a private group
How do I delete a team which I created?
Users cannot delete a team through the current user interface. Please contact TeamUp support to help you with this.
Is the communication channel encrypted?
Yes, the communication channel is encrypted by SSL (https://....
Is it advisable to share confidential files?
We will advice you to only share and store NUS Internal and public accessible documents. NUS confidential files should not be shared and stored on this service.
Does this service support NUS 2FA?
No. We are still evaluating this option. NUS users login using their NUSnet UserID and password.
Are the files and communication threads backup?
We do our regular backups on the communication threads and files but will discourage request for restore, etc.
What is the maximum duration of history stored (both files and messages)?
Files, communication threads maximum duration is 1 year.
Inactive teams will be removed after six months of no-activity before the start of every semester, Last week of December and Last week of July.