What’s Blended Learning, iMOOCs/iBLOCs/MOOCs?
|What’s the potential of Blended Learning?|
A well-designed blended learning module aims to promote deeper level of engagement and deeper learning among learners. Blended learning assists in;
What is Flipped Classroom?
Image source: Knewton Infographics
“Flipping the classroom” means that students:
- gain first exposure to new material outside of class, usually via reading or lecture videos, and then,
- use class time to do the harder work of assimilating that knowledge, perhaps through problem-solving, discussion, or debates.
Key elements - flipped classroom
- Provide an opportunity for students to gain first exposure prior to class.
- Provide in-class activities that focus on higher level cognitive activities.
- Provide a mechanism to assess student understanding.
- Provide an incentive for students to prepare for class.
What platforms are supported?
|Domain||Public||NUS only||NUS only|
|Web conference||Google Hangout||Google Hangout||WebEx|
Where can I view the promo videos done by NUS colleagues?
What options do I have to record video?
Examples of past iBLOCs and MOOCs in NUS
Links to promo videos?