Please use the Turnitin integration in IVLE, if possible. Most features of Turnitin direct are available in the Turnitin integration in IVLE, except:
If you want to allow TAs to view papers, follow these instructions instead.
- Create a Class. Note down the Class ID (a number generated by Turnitin) and the Enrollment Password that you entered for this Class. You will need to provide the Class ID (number) and Enrollment Password to your students.
- Create an Assignment folder within the Class. Your students will need to upload their submissions to this folder. Set the opening and closing dates along with other options as required.
- Post date is only important if you are using GradeMark.
- Under Optional Settings, make sure to change these settings:
- Set Generate Originality Reports for submissions to Yes.
- Set Generate Originality Reports for student submissions to immediately (can overwrite reports until due date). (This allows them to revise and re-submit.)
- Set Allow students to see Originality Reports to Yes.
- Set Submit papers to no repository. (If you do not want your students' work to be stored in Turnitin's student paper database.)
- Distribute the Class ID and Enrollment Password to your students. Also instruct them to upload their documents to the relevant folder within the Class.
- Email your students. Give your students the following information:
- Class ID (a number generated by Turnitin).
- Enrollment Password (which you created).
- These Instructions on logging in and submitting papers to Turnitin.
- Instruct them to submit to the relevant folder in the Class (if there is more than one folder or assignment).