- When recording, leave a pause before you start and stop. This gives you space to edit.
- If using the green curtain for chroma keying, make sure the curtain is as flat as possible.
- Look at the webcam when addressing your students.
- Record with a smile, even if not using the video. It will make a big difference in the audio.
- Look at the tablet when annotating. (During editing, you can remove the webcam view or place the webcam view such that you appear to be looking at the slides.)
- Change slides using the arrow keys on the keyboard rather than a mouse-click. It sounds less jarring in the recording.
- Do not talk over slide changes. This makes it harder to edit.
- Save often. Save every few slides rather than record at one go. This is better than recording for some time, then discovering something is wrong at the end of the long recording.
- Check the recording after each save. If you cannot see the webcam in the preview when saving, click Shrink to Fit.