- Set to widescreen. (This is a must.)
- Use the slides as a visual aid:
- Avoid large chunks of text.
- Use key words instead of dumping your script into the slides.
- Paraphrase where possible to reduce the impression that you are just reading from your slides.
- Use relevant images and diagrams.
- contrast dark colours against light colours
- do not use too many colours
- do not use gradients
- highlight text? Change colour and bold.
- Leave white space and a border around the slides. Do not put text or content right to the screen edge. It is ok to use full-screen images.
- Use large font sizes - remember some may view videos on smartphones. Text must be readable. Preview on your phone using Dropbox.
- Do not use slide transitions (they tend to get edited out). Use animations only if necessary.
- Use PDF as backup.
- Slides (and script) should be submitted to the project manager at least three working days before recording. This gives a day for project manager to revise, a day for instructor to make changes, and a day for one final review. Proofreading is very important especially for external MOOCs.