Click the images or animations for a larger view.
Improved user experience
- De-cluttered interface.
- More consistent placement of items between tools.
Improved user workflow
- Several tasks, particularly some bulk tasks, can be performed in fewer clicks.
- LumiNUS can be used on web browsers on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices.
Drag-and-drop for ordering of records
- List items can be re-ordered by drag-and-drop.
Eliminate the confusion of Edit Mode and Preview Mode
- Now, there is only one mode.
- Unpublished items highlighted with an icon.
- Ability to grant access to individual students within the class or a group.
- Data visualization of module and various tools.
- Better analytics in module and tools.
- Support for system-wide and module-specific LTI applications.
1. Full set of RESTful APIs.
2. Powerful RESTful API documentation on Swagger.
3. Microservice architecture.
4. Fault isolation.
5. Cloud portable.
- Ability to grant access to tools via the Tutorial Groups. Eliminates the need to import from Tutorial Groups to Class Groups.
- Support for sub-groups for Class Groups.
- Enhanced guest account protection with better password retrieval workflow.
Students' left menu (tools) visibility
- Staff can show/hide individual tools on the left sidebar.
- Show upcoming tasks and events like exams, signed-up consultation slots to students.
- Staff can see a consolidated task report for the module.
Support feedback period in student submission
- Introduction of deadline option in addition to the folder closing date. This allows the lecturer to indicate the deadline for student assignment submission.
- With the separation of the deadline and closing date, it allows students to view comments/feedback made after the deadline and before the folder closure.
Support multiple file uploads
- Multiple file upload by drag-and-drop.
Ability to configure advanced settings in forum
- Limit the number of replies.
- Enforce character or word limits.
- Indicate if a post requires student response.
Pin forum discussion threads
- Pin/sticky important forum threads at the top.
- Assign weightage to different graded items.
- Rubrics to help students understand how their assignments are being evaluated, which help students understand what is expected of them and at which level they are performing.
- Allow for accurate, unbiased, and consistent scoring.
- Ability to assess student learning, especially areas like behaviour or performance.
- Descriptive feedback to students.
- Help students self-improve by comparing their work against the rubric.
- Improve efficiency of rating or scoring student learning by keeping the rater focused on what is important.
- Ability to map marks to grades.
Lesson Flow (formerly Lesson Plan)
Lesson Flow is blended into the module.
Add more items to Lesson Flow
- Add any LumiNUS content to the learning activities, and better support for the flipped classroom.
- Ability to link student submission folders in learning activities of Lesson Flow.
Ability to search for videos across the channels
- Ability to group together videos based on the common theme that play in order, one right after the other, which increase one’s watch session time.
Simpler flow for poll
- Directly create a question without the need to create a Poll as a shell.
Automated publishing and self-recorded lectures
- Option to automate publishing of Web Lectures
- Ability to create web lecture and upload self-recorded lectures
Eliminate the dependencies between library resources admin and staff
- Library admin can add the library resource to a module even before the lecturer(s) create a module.