Click the images or animations for a larger view.
Improved user experience
- De-cluttered interface.
- More consistent placement of items between tools.
Improved user workflow
- Several tasks, particularly some bulk tasks, can be performed in fewer clicks.
- LumiNUS can be used on web browsers on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices.
Drag-and-drop for ordering of records
- List items can be re-ordered by drag-and-drop.
Streamline Edit Mode and Preview Mode into one view
- Consolidated view for staff and students.
- For staff, unpublished items highlighted with an icon.
- Ability to grant access to individual students within the class or a group.
- Data visualization of module and various tools.
- Better analytics in module and tools.
- Support for system-wide and module-specific LTI applications.
- Built-in LTI tools include Turnitin, Panopto.
1. Full set of RESTful APIs.
2. Powerful RESTful API documentation on Swagger.
3. Microservice architecture.
4. Fault isolation.
5. Cloud portable.
- Ability to grant access to tools via the Tutorial Groups. Eliminates the need to import from Tutorial Groups to Class Groups.
- Support for sub-groups for Class Groups.
- Enhanced guest account protection with better password retrieval workflow.
Students' left menu (tools) visibility
- Staff can show/hide individual tools on the left sidebar.
- Show upcoming tasks and events like exams, signed-up consultation slots to students.
- Staff can see a consolidated task report for the module.
Support feedback period in student submission
- Introduction of deadline option in addition to the folder closing date. This allows the lecturer to indicate the deadline for student assignment submission.
- With the separation of the deadline and closing date, it allows students to view comments/feedback made after the deadline and before the folder closure.
Support multiple file uploads
- Multiple file upload by drag-and-drop.
Ability to configure advanced settings in forum
- Limit the number of replies.
- Enforce character or word limits.
- Indicate if a post requires student response.
Pin forum discussion threads
- Pin/sticky important forum threads at the top.
Follow post instead of the entire forum
- User can subscribe to the posting which he/she is interested in instead of the entire forum.
- Assign weightage to different graded items.
- Rubrics to help students understand how their assignments are being evaluated, which help students understand what is expected of them and at which level they are performing.
- Allow for accurate, unbiased, and consistent scoring.
- Ability to assess student learning, especially areas like behaviour or performance.
- Descriptive feedback to students.
- Help students self-improve by comparing their work against the rubric.
- Improve efficiency of rating or scoring student learning by keeping the rater focused on what is important.
- Ability to map marks to grades.
Learning Flow (formerly Lesson Plan)
Learning Flow is blended into the module
- Learning Flow has been integrated more fully into the module.
Add more items to Learning Flow
- Add any LumiNUS content to the learning activities, and better support for the flipped classroom.
- Ability to link student submission folders in learning activities of Learning Flow.
Ability to search for videos across the channels
- Where text can be detected, ability to search within videos for content.
Add from MediaWeb
- Ability to group together videos based on the common theme that play in order, one right after the other, which increase one’s watch session time.
Simpler flow for poll
- Directly create a question without the need to create a Poll as a shell.
Automated publishing and self-recorded lectures
- Option to automate the publishing of Web Lectures.
- Ability to create web lecture and upload self-recorded lectures.
Removal of Multimedia Bank
- Multimedia Bank which used to exist in IVLE will not be in LumiNUS. However, you can still add previously added videos.
Eliminate the dependencies between library resources admin and staff
- Library admin can add the library resource to a module even before the lecturer(s) create a module.
Chat with students using TeamUp
- Set up chat groups, without the need for mobile numbers, using TeamUp.
After you set up in TeamUp, copy the TeamUp link and add it to LumiNUS.
Conferencing with students using Zoom
- Set up web conferencing using Zoom.