This is an opportune time to review your module and do some housekeeping and how it is organized.
- Only the owner (not co-owner) of the IVLE module can request for migration.
- Each IVLE module can be migrated once. Subsequent re-migration requests will not be entertained.
- The module to be migrated will be created as a new module in LumiNUS.
- It will not be migrated to an existing module in LumiNUS.
- You may choose to migrate only certain tools and content within certain modules. Please refer to the table below.
- Please indicate the module and the tools in the module you wish to migrate using the online migration application form.
- Do not migrate all your IVLE modules to LumiNUS. Please do your housekeeping and only migrate the relevant ones.
- The newly migrated module needs to indicate the target academic career and term, following EduRec definitions.
- Please use the actual academic career and term for which you intend to use the module in LumiNUS.
- This is because the academic career and term cannot be changed once it is set in LumiNUS.
- Do not indicate an earlier term as a placeholder.
- Please indicate the correct module code in LumiNUS in the migration request form.
- If it's supposed to be cross-listed module in LumiNUS, please indicate. Example, if you need to migrate IVLE module "GEH1234" to LumiNUS module "GEH1234/GEK1234".
- This is because the module code cannot be changed once it is set in LumiNUS.
- Migration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Corporate modules cannot be migrated.
- Once your requested IVLE module is migrated to LumiNUS, you will receive a confirmation email to inform you of the status. Please check that the content has been migrated successfully.
Items not migrated for all tools
- Access rights for all tools will not be migrated. Please reconfigure the permissions after migration.
- All student responses and submissions will not be migrated.
- All logs and statistics will not be migrated.
|Tool / Item||Will be migrated||Will NOT be migrated||Rationale|
|Module||Anonymous Feedback and Tags are not supported in LumiNUS.|
|Module||very low usage of e-Resources|
(Quiz in LumiNUS)
|The videos used for in-video quizzes is progressive download in IVLE, but it is streaming in LumiNUS.|
Previous announcements are not applicable to the present. You may refer to IVLE, if necessary.
|Attendance / Participation|
Past attendance and participation are not applicable to the current semester.
Replaced by a different chat software.
|Class groups & guest roster|
Past groups and guest rosters are not applicable to the current semester.
Previous consultation slots are not applicable to the current semester.
Forums use a different structure in LumiNUS. Please refer to IVLE and recreate the forums in LumiNUS.
Gradebook content is specific to each semester, and cannot be migrated.
IVLE Guest Accounts are local to IVLE only.
(Learning Flow in LumiNUS)
IVLE Lesson Plan is incompatible with LumiNUS Learning Flow.
|Open Web Lectures|
Not applicable due to different structure and process.
Project will be deprecated, to be replaced with a different tool.
Past recruitment ads are not applicable.
In LumiNUS, individual items can be reused by search.
LumiNUS deals with SCORM in a different way from IVLE, so SCORM content cannot be migrated.
|1||You can retrieve MediaWeb files in LumiNUS, please refer to this guide: How to copy/move content from MediaWeb folder to LumiNUS.|