Technological breakthroughs, especially in information and communication technologies (ICT), have brought unprecedented benefits to economies worldwide. The positive benefits created by ICT are observable in all sectors of the economy-in the ICT-producing sector as well as the ICT-using sector.
- Improvement of inventory management, better flow control, better integration between sales and production and, therefore, enhancing management of production
- Energize the market due to shortening of product life cycles
- Increase of foreign investment
- Create new kind of jobs
- Increase of reach of political messages
- Allow the possibility to keep in touch with overseas citizen and give them their voting ability
- Increase interaction between pupils while learning with the aid of ICT.
- Enable new forms of interaction between firms and other parties such as consumers thanks to networking
- Facilitate cost-effective public and private services
- Increased transport efficiency