Download and install the GoPro Fusion Studio software before proceeding further. This is required to process your 360 content.
- Go to the Fusion Studio page on the GoPro website, scroll down to the Fusion Studio section and click "Learn more".
- Click the appropriate download button for your operating system.
- Run the downloaded setup file and install all the accompanying plugins.
Users can also instead import directly from their camera into Fusion Studio via usb connection. However, if your camera runs out of battery during the import process, this may run the risk of corrupt or incomplete data.
For this guide, we will cover transferring the footage via microSD cards/SD adapter.
Transferring 360 Content from GoPro Fusion
- Insert your SD card into your computer via SD card adapter.
- (Recommended) Choose a preferred location on your hard drive and create a GoPro Fusion overview folder which will contain all of your footage.
- Under this new Fusion folder, create sub-folders which represent each of your different sessions.
- Copy the ENTIRE 100GBACK and 100GFRNT folder from each of your SD cards into the session folder. DO NOT delete any of the LRV/THM files on your SD cards.
This is how your folder structure should look like at this stage.
It is recommended to follow this structure of organising your 360 footage.
Failing to do so will result in Fusion Studio being unable to detect the content to process.