1. Launch Camtasia Recorder
Double-click Recording on the desktop or Camtasia Recorder from the Start screen.
2. Set basic recording settings
- Click Full screen.
- If Webcam off, click to Webcam on. (You will see a thumbnail preview.)
- If Audio off, click to Audio on.
If you mouseover the webcam thumbnail, you will see the webcam preview.
3. Go to advanced Options
- Click ▼ at Webcam on or Audio on.
- Click Options...
4. Set Tools Options > Inputs
- Screen capture frame rate to 30.
- Audio device to Microphone (Shure Digital ).
- Uncheck Record system audio if your presentation/software you are recording does not have audio.
- Webcam device to Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920.
- Set audio level.
- Talk into the microphone at your usual volume and at a natural distance from the microphone.
- At your loudest, the peak should be around 75%.
- Adjust the slider to change the audio level.
- Set Device properties... (refer to 5a and 5b below)
- Set Format settings... (refer to 6 below)
- Click OK.
5a. Set Device properties... > Webcam Control
- On the Webcam Control tab:
- Uncheck Follow my face.
- Uncheck RightSound.
- Uncheck Auto-focus (if the option is available).
5b. Set Device properties... > Advanced Settings
- Click the Advanced Settings tab, then:
- Uncheck RightLight. (Ignore the screenshot. Enabling RightLight leads to Audio-video sync issues.)
- Adjust Exposure, Gain, Brightness, Contrast and Color intensity manually.
- Uncheck Auto for White Balance.
- Drag White Balance slider until skin tone appears natural.
- Click Save when done.
6. Set Format settings...
- From Tools Options > Inputs tab, click Format settings... (refer to 4).
- Set Output Size to 1280 x 720. (This is the default for MOOCs and iBLOCs.)
- You may set to other dimensions if your recording requires it.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) is not recommended.