Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Have a practice session if you intend to use the tablet and have little or no experience using one.
- Choose the background.
- Maroon is the normal background.
- Green is for chroma keying. (For rooms with windows, green must be used with maroon. The maroon curtain blocks light from outside.)
- Do not use without any background.
- Switch on the recording lights, and switch off the room lights when adjusting settings and while recording.
- Adjust video and audio settings in Camtasia Recorder before starting.
- Adjust settings via software only. The recording room setup has been optimised for a wide range of use. Try not to move hardware or adjust the recording lights.
- When recording, leave a pause before you start and stop. This gives you space to edit.
- If using the green curtain for chroma keying, make sure the curtain is as flat as possible.
- Look at the webcam when addressing your students.
- Record with a smile, even if not using the video. It will make a big difference in the audio.
- Look at the tablet when annotating. (During editing, you can remove the webcam view or place the webcam view such that you appear to be looking at the slides.)
- Change slides using the arrow keys on the keyboard rather than a mouse-click. It sounds less jarring in the recording.
- Do not talk over slide changes. This makes it harder to edit.
- Save often. Save every few slides rather than record at one go. This is better than recording for some time, then discovering something is wrong at the end of the long recording.
- Check the recording after each save. If you cannot see the webcam in the preview when saving, click Shrink to Fit.
- Save your work on your own thumbdrive or external hard disk. The computer account is shared, so delete your files and work before leaving.
- Remember to clear the browser's history and cache before logging off.
- Remember to switch off the PC after use.
- Return equipment to their original position.