- Microsoft Edge [Calls and Meetings supported]
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome (latest and 2 previous major versions) [Calls and Meetings supported]
- Firefox (latest and 2 previous major versions)
- Safari 11.1+
- Windows 7+ (32-bit & 64-bit)
- MacOS (10.10+)
- Linux (.deb & .rpm)
- Android (latest and 3 previous major version)
- iOS (latest and 1 previous major version)
Creating a New Team
- Team visibility setting:
- Public (visible to entire organisation)
- Private (by invite only)
- Create a team (up to 5000 members)
- Add members (individual users or groups) by email addresses or
- Generate a code for users to join
Teams and Channels
- Add channels within a team to focus on specific topics with customised content (up to 200 channels per team)
- Private Channels (up to 30 private channels per team)
- Add connectors to integrate 3rd party tools
- Threaded conversations (reply to posts / start a new conversation).
- Use @mention to bring to someone's attention. @team and @channel mentions will trigger an email notification by default if the members are not logged in.
- Like and save important messages
- Express yourself with attachments, emojis, stickers and GIFs
- New members can see past content and chat history anytime (if team owner choose to allow)
- Organise your files, notes, links and custom tools into tabs for quick access.
- Seamless integration with in-built Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote for co-editing.
Schedule an audio or video call with anyone or with your team for online meetings (up to 250 attendees).
- Share screens (entire desktop / specific window / PowerPoint file)
- Use the Microsoft WhiteBoard right in your meeting
- Record meetings for absentees (saved in Microsoft Stream)
- Chat during meeting (captured in Conversations)
Private chat for 1:1 and in groups (up to 100 members):
- Share files
- Make an audio/video call
For more guides and FAQ, visit Microsoft Teams Help Center.