Files on CIT website are hosted here.
To update a file, just upload it with the same filename as the file you want to update. There is no need for a version number in the file name.
- for new versions of software files, use the same file name so that the website does not need to be edited. The version number can be added in the attachment comments:
- click the arrow to view the attachment details,
- click Properties, then
- edit the Comment field to reflect the version of the software.
If you need to link to a new file from the CIT website:
- upload the file here
- make sure the file name follows these rules:
- small caps
- no spaces, no special characters
- prefix with the page name
- do not include a version number in the file name (unless there will be multiple versions of the file on the site)
- do not include a date in the file name (unless there will be multiple-dated versions of the file on the site)
- e.g. clickers-equipment-loan-form.doc
- inform the CIT webmaster