University Scholars Programme (USP) & UTown College Programme (UTCP)
- Students under these programmes are required to read GER1000, but not GEQ1000
- The rest of the GE requirements are fulfilled by USP/UTCP modules. USP and UTCP curriculums are available here.
- Students admitted in AY2015/16 and who are enrolled in USP or UTCP (taking the full USP/UTCP) are not required to read the General Education Modules, as they will fulfil their University Level Requirements as part of their USP or UTCP respectively. Hence, USP and UTCP students are exempted from reading GER1000.
FASS Joint Degree Programme (JDP) with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC).
- Students under this UNC-NUS JDP are not required to read the General Education Modules, as they will fulfil their University Level Requirements as part of their JDP General Education requirements.
Ridge View Residential College
- Students under this programme are allowed to read GEQ1917 in fulfilment of the Asking Questions pillar
Hall Freshmen (for cohort AY2017/18 onwards)
- Hall Freshmen will attend these tutorials at their Halls:
- GER1000 in Year 1 Sem 1
- GEQ1000 in Year 1 Sem 2
- Exceptions are applied for those whose Majors/Programmes state otherwise (refer to Pre-allocation Guidelines)
- This apply to Kent Ridge, Sheares, Eusoff, Raffles, King Edward VII, Temasek, Prince George’s Park House