Examplify cannot be used on virtual operating systems such as Microsoft's Virtual Machine, Parallels, VMware, VMware Fusion, or any other virtual environments.
Please refer to the minimum system requirements for more information. If you are sure that your device is not running in a virtual environment and you are receiving a Virtual Machine error,
Step 1: The first troubleshooting step would be to ensure that Hyper-V is not enabled on the device.
Click the Start or Windows button on the bottom left of your screen.
Type “Hyper-V” without the quotes and press enter.
Find Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Platform the following in the Windows Features and UNCHECKED the checkbox to disable this feature. (see image below)
Restart the device.
Step 2: If Step 1 did not resolve the issue, attempt this troubleshooting step:
- Search for “Windows Defender Security Center” in your Start menu or head to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click the “Device Security” icon in the Security Center.
- Click the “Core Isolation Details” link.
- Disable Memory Integrity, click on the oval button to change it "Off".
- You’ll be prompted to restart your computer, and the change will only take effect once you have.
- After restart, launch Examplify and see if the issue is resolved
Step 3: If Steps 1 and 2 did not resolve the issue and you are still receiving a virtual machine error, attempt the troubleshooting steps listed below:
Click the Start button and type “Services” without the quotes and press enter.
Locate “Windows Management Instrumentation” service and click ‘Stop’ to stop the service.
Open a File Explorer and enter %windir%\system32\wbem\ into the address bar.
Rename “Repository” folder to “RepositoryOLD”.
Restart the device.
Install and launch Examplify.
If the issue persists, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are facing Virtual Machine Error on a Mac uninstall all other VM software (Eg: Parallels) installed and please download the latest version of Examplify and install over your current version on your Mac.