Why are Notations important?
- Notations provide the basic equivalent function of Rich Text formatting and even more. In this page we will only go through frequently encountered Notations.
- Glitches do happen. What You See Might Not Be What You Get (WYSMNBWYG) in Rich Text.
A Convenient Start
Whenever you are in the Edit > Wiki Markup pane, you will see a column of Help Tips on the right.
Here is a zoomed in image of the column:
Use appropriate headings!
Not too big when you know you are going to type in long lines of text like this
and also, not too small
|title||Be careful when using headings!|
They usually add in extra space before and after the heading.
Rule of thumb: Never use two or more headings in succession.
- Help you order stuff
- The way you want them to be.
- But do remember:
- The space between the Asterisks and the text.
- helps you
- (Up to THREE numbering systems)
- (before it repeats itself.)
when formatting text while switching between Rich Text to Wiki Markup. When that happens, stick to only ONE platform. However, writing in Notations is always the better choice as it is tidier. Do take note of properly closing open notations.
I couldn't care less about how many previously saved versions of the same page there are if I could get my hard work saved.
Here are some useful text breaks which, I feel, is a necessity to include:
|title||What about font sizes?|
If you've noticed, in both the Rich Text and Wiki Markup editing modes, you are unable to change the font size of normal body texts. This is to ensure uniformity and consistency in the texts viewed by other people. If you are having difficulty reading the small texts, you can zoom in within your internet browser itself.