Users must log in once before they can be added to wiki spaces.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Is Wiki a better platform for coordinating group projects?
- It is easier to view information in Wiki as it contains information shared by all members on the same page.
- Wiki is more efficient and organised. It is difficult to organise emails into a meaningful discussion.
- For attachments, you can embed documents or even powerpoint slides in the wiki page. However, you need to download attachments before you read them in emails.
- As Google Docs allows everyone to be able to comment in the discussion at the same time, this leads to poor organisation of information.
- Google Docs will lag while accessed by many users at the same time.
- Google Docs requires individuals to be added to the group before they can look at the discussion and comment. However, in Wiki, permissions can be set to allow anyone to view the space.
- Wiki Versus Face-to-Face Meetings
- There is no need to find a common meeting place and time for everybody involved.